North American Guide to Safe Places - Fourth Edition
Add to Cart View Cart
New 4th Edition
The new 4th Edition is now in print with the latest statistics including text, tables, and maps of
- Political demographics
- Military threats
- Gun laws
- And other crucial factors
Strategic Relocation is an in-depth analysis of North America's safest places to live. Unlike most guides in today's bookstores that tout the "best places" to live based on golf courses, doctor/patient ratios, warm sunny climates, availability of cultural activities, status of educational institutions and the growth potential of the local economy, this book will help you consider future threats that most other people fail to see or choose to ignore such as:
- A labor crisis or pandemic that halts the inflow of food and business goods
- An economic crisis that threatens your pensions, investments and other so-called "guaranteed" income streams
- A major earthquake or other natural disaster that suddenly upsets the natural social order for months at a time
- An emergency that clogs the area's freeways
- The "unthinkable" nuclear war or major terrorist attack on a U.S. city with chemical or biological weapons
It is easy to dismiss these threats during times of peace and prosperity, but they are real and the probability of such events occurring increases every year.
In this 4th Edition we have updated our country-by-country and state-by-state reviews based on the continuing political and demographic changes, including recent events such as the exaggerated Covid 19 pandemic which revealed which local and national governments were quick to create permanent economic damage and curtail personal liberties under the improper use of emergency powers. As a result most places suffered a downgraded rating but there were notable exceptions, including South Dakota which we upgraded after the governor’s refusal to be bullied by the fear tactics.
There is no place that is perfectly safe. Everyone has to choose between desolate and remote areas with greater safety from people, with the added costs of travel, building and being away from society with potential impact to job, family, spouse, health, climate and many other factors. We help you develop your own customized strategy in this book, by taking you through each threat and helping you recognize which threats require relocation and which can be mitigated through common-sense preparations. To help you evaluate the pros and cons of each area we have summarized the most valuable information in easy-to-read formats including:
- Expanded text and graphics for weather, pollution, population density, natural disasters, nuclear and military dangers and more.
- Color maps by state showing terrain, public and private land use, and military target areas.
- An evaluation of all the most attractive foreign “expat” countries.
- Regional maps outlining the best general retreat areas.
- Individual analysis of every state and province in Canada.
Order by clicking on "add to cart" at top of page
Marred but readable copies are available for a steep discount while supplies last: $20.
Add to Cart View Cart
The old 3rd Edition is still available as a PDF download for half price ($15). This offer is mostly to help those in foreign countries where shipping of a physical book is too expensive.Add to Cart
As a relocation expert, Joel Skousen also offers personal paid consultations for those who want advice on selecting land or working out special contingency retreat plans. He recommends that anyone interested in these services read the book first. Email Mr. Skousen at joel at joelskousen.com to set up a consultation appointment.