Joel Skousen is a political scientist, by training, specializing in the philosophy of law and Constitutional theory, and is also a designer of high security residences and retreats. He has designed Self-sufficient and High Security homes throughout North America, and has consulted in Central America as well. His latest book in this field is Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places, and is active in consulting with persons who need to relocate for security and increased self-sufficiency. He also assists people who need to live near a large city to develop contingency retreat plans involving rural farm or recreation property.
Joel was raised in Oregon and later served as a fighter pilot for the US Marine Corps during the Vietnam era prior to beginning his design firm specializing in high security residences and retreats. During the 80's he took a leave of absence to serve as the Chairman of the Conservative National Committee in Washington DC. and concurrently served as the Executive Editor of Conservative Digest. For two years he published a newsletter entitled, the WORLD AFFAIRS BRIEF, and served as a Senior Editor of "Cogitations" a quarterly journal on law and government . The World Affairs Brief is now back in publication and is available as a weekly email newsletter.
His main area of focus in the weekly brief is the hidden globalist agenda behind US foreign and domestic policy. He has developed a working theory to explain the West’s conflicting policies of both supporting and attacking, at different times and places, seemingly contradictory positions on terrorism, Communist-backed revolutions, drugs, money laundering, and organized crime. His unique point of view is widely appreciated in conservative circles.
He is the author of four books, one on law and government, and three on his special design innovations in security architecture:
1. Essential Principles for the Conservation of Liberty, 1984
2. The Secure Home--Architectural Design, Construction and Remodeling of Self-Sufficient Residences and Retreats, new edition now available.
3. How to Implement a High Security Shelter in the Home (1996),
4. Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places (1998)
5. (In the works) Foundations of the Ideal State--a comprehensive treatise on government structure and practice, constitutional theory, and legal changes necessary to preserve liberty and justice.
(in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian or German)
- World affairs briefings on both foreign and domestic affairs
- Strategic Relocation
- High Security Design for residences and retreats
- Crisis preparedness and strategies for Civil Defense, and Self-sufficiency planning
- Military affairs and readiness
- Free-enterprise solutions to economic and social problems
- Philosophy of law and government